Sefirot is a tarot-based boardgame, played in numerous variations on different boards with a full tarot deck. In its solitaire version a world spanning tree of life becomes the stage for the player’s challenges of the fates themselves, trying to overcome the universe’s perilous duality of growth and decay. The game can also be played together, in numerous modes for two people: they might battle for the stars themselves or embark on a tender dance that will reveal their joined faith.
Sefirot is a collaboration between the artist duo Eli Baum and Viv Tanner, creators of the "Heart of Gold" webcomic, and the developers of Causa Creations. Upon meeting with the artists in 2018, they started to explore the idea of the game. Cross-financed by Causa's other endeavours, a Kickstarter campaign was planned to be launched in Q1 2021.
- A tarot-based board game for one to two players
- Three unique game modes, Understanding Thyself, The Warring Planets, and the Lovers' Discourse
- Illustrated by the talented artist duo of Eli Baum and Viv Tanner, creators of the webcomic "Heart of Gold"
- Deep and rich lore based on real world cultures, traditions, and astrology.
- Can be utilized as a complex divination tool combining the elements of Tarot, the Kaballah and general numerology.
Trailer — YouTube
Logo & Icon
About Causa Creations
- Causa Creations is a boutique game development studio located in Vienna, Austria. Originally established in 2014, the independent company is currently helmed by Georg Hobmeier, Ben Wahl, Brian Main, and Christian Knapp Our multi-disciplinary team of seasoned developers, artists, and designers is dedicated to crafting fully rounded experiences that not only entertain but engage and inform audiences. Not afraid to roll up our sleeves and get things done, we pride ourselves in the care and attention that comes through in our award-winning work. We see games not merely as entertaining diversions but as meaningful, enriching experiences that can connect us, challenge our perceptions, and give insights into the world around us. We aim to push the boundaries of what games can do through cutting edge innovation and human-centred design.
- More information
- More information on Causa Creations, our logo & relevant media are available here.
- Press Inquiries