What is the job?
You would work on a variety of projects as a Unity programmer. These projects would include work on games projects for cultural institutions, interactive art pieces/installations, and multiplayer narrative XR experiences developed with our custom Unity framework.
You would be responsible for a wide range of programming tasks including gameplay and UI programming, implementation of AR functionality, tool development, and more. The position is open to all experience levels, the tasks you are responsible for will be adjusted according to it.
The position can be either part-time (minimum of 25 hours) or full-time. Your work would take place on-site in our office in Vienna's 5th district, but we allow for home office when necessary.
What should you bring?
We are not looking for a specific kind of academic degree, and you also don't need to have 5 years of experience in the games or XR industry or have 2 shipped AAA games for this role. We only expect as a minimum that you have:
- You have completed projects involving code, either as a job, at University, or on your own
- A willingness to do a broad range of tasks in Unity, with an initial focus on basic gameplay programming and augmented reality
- A general interest in games and socio-political topics in games
- A proficiency in English
- You do not discriminate against people based on their gender identity, race, sexual orientation, religion, neurotype, nationality, or disability
- Experience in game development
- Experience in Unity
- Experience in working with AR and/or VR
Who are you going to work with?
Here at Causa Creations, we believe that games can be so much more than mere entertaining diversions and that such a powerful medium can provide a meaningful way to engage with the world.
Our goal is to reach out to audiences by making experiences that engage player's intellectual thirst for knowledge that is often left unfulfilled in the commercial market.
We are a group of seasoned developers, artists and designers that seek to push boundaries while remaining dedicated to building awareness and making change.
We place a strong emphasis on inclusivity by designing for demographics that are often ignored by mass market games.
We often utilize cutting edge technology in our work, but we don't see this as an end in itself. We are dedicated to a "human-centered design" approach that facilitates communication and challenges people's perceptions.
Our team's values are reflected in how we work and collaborate:
- Transparency: We seek to be transparent about the state and plans of the company with all our employees
- Stability: We plan to be around for a long time. We are not a start-up with an exit strategy and have no plans for rapid scaling. Instead, we want to grow our team and our opportunities at a sustainable pace.
- Work-life balance: We care about people first, and we think everyone is at their best and most creative when they are happy and relaxed. We, therefore, maintain a company policy of no crunch and set full-time working hours at a maximum of 35 hours a week.
- Flexibility: We are aware that life happens, so we maintain flexible work schedules and the potential for remote working.
What do you get?
The minimum yearly gross salary for 35 hours per week is 34.000€ for those with no previous work experience in the field. This is adjusted higher depending on your experience level.
You'll have 25 days off a year (based on a full-time position), plus an average of 12 public holidays per year as well as benefit from a generous national healthcare plan.
How do you apply?
Interested in working with us? Please send your application with an attached CV as well as some samples of your work to: email@example.com
We look forward to your application and will do our best to respond in a timely manner.